I know with my kiddos when they are eating Popsicle and Go-Gurts, they sometimes will talk about how cold it feels on their hands. Can’t blame them, depending upon the temperature, it is chilly on those hands. So a Popsicle and Yogurt Cozy is a fabulous idea for them to still enjoy that treat without those chilly hands. This crochet pattern is super quick to work up and you can easily have a little stash of cozies.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
Get ready to get hooked on the Popsicle and Yogurt Cozy and all that fun it is to make!
Beanies that I Love!!
The Popsicle and Yogurt Cozy Crochet Pattern can be found in my pattern store as an ad free and beautifully formatted PDF.
- Get the ad-free, beautifully formatted, printable PDF from Ravelry.
- PIN the pattern to save for later on your Pinterest Boards Here!
- Yarn: Medium, Weight 4; Cotton Yarn Recommended in Your Two Color Choices.
- Hook: K (6.50mm)
- Tapestry Needle, Scissors and Measuring Tape
- Gauge: 12 Stitches and 10 Rows = 4”x4” (using hdc)
- St/Sts: Stitch(es)
- Sl St: Slip Stitch
- Ch: Chain
- Sc: Single Crochet
- Reverse Slip Stitch – Instead of working the slip stitch as normal (from right to left), you will work it in reverse (from left to right).
- Chain 1 will NOT count as a stitch.
Popsicle & Yogurt Cozy:
Starting with Color 1, Ch 8.
Round 1: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook, do not turn, 1 sc in each ch other side of the base ch, join. – 14
Stop and weave in your chain tail
You will now be working in continuous rounds, do not join at the end of each round.
Round 2: Ch 1, 1 hdc in same st, 1 hdc in next st and each st around. – 14
Rounds 3-10: 1 hdc in each st around. – 14
Round 11: 1 hdc in each st around, join. – 14
Change to color 2
Round 12: Reverse Slip Stitch in each st around. – 14
Need more inspiration?
A fun textured blanket to make is the Oliver Blanket! This blanket can be customized any way you like!