Puff stitches are a beautiful addition to a crochet project and the Noel Ear Warmer is a fun project to make. The Noel Ear Warmer is created with a special stitch called the side puff, it sounds fancy but is is really simple to work up but looks fancy. Ear Warmers are great to wear on those cold days to keep your ears warm but still be stylish. You could work up the ear warmer in any color combination. Get ready to get hooked on the Noel Ear Warmer.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
Beanies that I Love!!
The Noel Ear Warmer Crochet Pattern can be found in my pattern store as an ad free and beautifully formatted PDF.
- Get the ad-free, beautifully formatted, printable PDF from Ravelry HERE
- PIN the pattern to save for later on your Pinterest Boards Here!
- Yarn: Medium, Weight 4; Example made with Vanna’s Choice (Dusty Purple and Pink Poodle)
- Hook: K (6.50mm)
- Tapestry Needle, Scissors and Measuring Tape
- Gauge: 12 Stitches and 10 Rows = 4”x4” (hdc)
- These measurements are approximated, measure head to get accurate sizing needed.
- St/Sts: Stitch(es)
- Sl St: Slip Stitch
- Ch: Chain
- Side Puff: You will be working around the post of the dc you just made) *Yarn over, pick up a loop around the post of the dc you just made; repeat from*, for a total of 3 times, yarn over, draw through 6 loops on hook, yarn over draw through last 2 loops.
- Chain 1 will NOT count as a stitch.
- Joining: When ending the rounds, you will join with a slip stitch into the 1st stitch (not the chain 1).
- Foundation Half Double Crochet Video Tutorial
Noel Ear Warmer (Toddler, Child & Adult)
You Need Your K Hook and Two Yarn Colors
Start with Color 1
Round 1: Foundation Half Double Crochet (45, 49, 55), join with a sl st into the 1st hdc to make a circle.
Round 2: Ch 1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in next st and each st around, join. (45, 49, 55)
Round 3: (Color 2) Ch 1, 1 dc in same st, *skip next st, 1 dc in next st, side puff; repeat from*, join. (45, 49, 55)
Round 4: (Color 1) Ch 1, 1 sc in same st, *1 sc in next puff st, 1 sc in next dc; repeat from*, join. (45, 49, 55)
Round 5: Repeat Round 3
Round 6: Repeat Round 4
Round 7: Repeat Round 3
Round 8: (Color 1) Ch 1, 1 hdc in same st, *1 hdc in next puff st, 1 sc in next dc; repeat from*, join. (45, 49, 55)
Round 9: (Color 1) Ch 1, 1 sc in same st, 1 sc in next st and each st around, join. (45, 49, 55)
Fasten off and weave in any loose ends.
Need more inspiration?
A fun textured blanket to make is the Oliver Blanket! This blanket can be customized any way you like!