When taking newborn photography, blankets are a gorgeous way to add accent pieces and the Wrap Me Up Blanket is a gorgeous chunky lacy blanket to add. This blanket design is super to work up and looks amazing in any color. The Wrap Me Up Blanket is designed as a prop, so it wont be too large but large enough for your photos. You could always make it larger to the size you need. Since this pattern is designed with simple crochet stitches and bulky yarn, it will work up super quick and you will have a gorgeous blanket in no time at all.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
Beanies that I Love!!
The Wrap Me Up Blanket Crochet Pattern can be found in my pattern store as an ad free and beautifully formatted PDF.
- Get the ad-free, beautifully formatted, printable PDF from Ravelry.
- PIN the pattern to save for later on your Pinterest Boards Here!
- Yarn: Bulky, Weight 6; Example made with Yarn Bee Debut (Carnelian)
- Hook: N (9.00mm)
- Tapestry Needle, Scissors and Measuring Tape
- Gauge: Doesn’t Matter
- Finished measurement of blanket is 25 x 18 inches
- St/Sts: Stitch(es)
- Ch: Chain
- Dc: Double Crochet
- Chain 5 will count as chain 2 and 1 double crochet and the first space.
Wrap Me Up Blanket
Row 1: 1 dc in 8th ch from hook (counts as ch 2 and 1 dc), *ch 2, skip next 2 chs, 1 dc in next ch; repeat from*, across. – 25 dc
Rows 2: Ch 5 and turn (counts as ch 2 and 1 dc), 1 dc in next dc, *ch 2, skip next ch 2, 1 dc in next st; repeat from*, across. – 25 dc
Fasten off and weave in any loose ends.
Repeat Row 2 until the blanket measures 18 inches tall.
Fasten off and weave in all loose ends.
Need more inspiration?
A fun textured blanket to make is the Oliver Blanket! This blanket can be customized any way you like!